Lemon Bay Conservancy is hosting a field trip to a local native plant nursery for a private tour and presentation about planting a native pollinator patch. Florida Native Plants Nursery has offered this free nursery tour to participants desiring to learn more about hardy native, edible, medicinal, and Florida-Friendly plants that grow well in southwest Florida. Owner Laurel Schiller leads each walkabout and answers gardening questions based on thirty years of experience with Florida plants. Attendees may purchase plants and are welcome to bring a lunch.
Florida Native Plants Nursery Tour
One hour tour with a 30-minute Q&A
- Group Size: 15-25 individuals; a minimum of 10 is encouraged
- When: Friday January 12, 2023
- Accommodations: Shaded seating for “bring your own” lunch, restroom, space to shelter from a short rainstorm (tours are rain or shine unless there are extreme weather conditions).
- Parking: If you are interested in carpooling from Lemon Creek Wildflower Preserve parking lot, please contact the office at 941-830-8922. Parking can expand to the dirt road adjacent to the nursery.
- Location: Florida Native Plants Nursery and Landscaping, 730 Myakka Road, Sarasota, Florida 34240
- What to bring: Sun hat, water bottle, sturdy shoes, and curiosity about native plants!